Sunday, March 20, 2011

We got us another wall


Some extreme before & after goodness:
 

I suppose it's not really an "after," since we're clearly not quite finished with the wall - (paint, baseboards, trim, not to even mention the top and right edges), but the difference is so major that I was startled when I compared the two. Sadly it's not a proper B&A, since the first shot is from the wrong angle. In my defense, when I took it there really wasn't anywhere else to stand.

So this weekend we patched the large hole, then scraped off all the paint that would flake, then taped the joints and skim coated the whole wall. I also installed the switch box and the receptacle on the left. I love wiring. I have an unfortunate splinter in the tip of my thumb though, so the husband twisted my wire nuts on for me.

My mom went around and removed all the old crappy various random hardware bits from the trim around the windows; it wound up being a small bucket full.

The deadbolt for the sliding door is ON (thank you, husband), and that sucker ain't going anywhere when it's locked. If you have a broken sliding glass door lock and no time or finances to replace the door right now, I highly recommend it. I bought mine on ebay for $19 all told, but this is the website: http://www.caldoubleboltlock.com/

The site is kind of loud and annoying and as-seen-on-TV-ey, but the product is tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment