Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

Gorgeous weekend. Yesterday was quite blustery, but today was downright wonderful. We lazed about at home, headed to the house.. then realized we had no keys on us. So I drove back home while Alexis worked on a patch and read outside on the patio in the lovely spring weather. We finally did get to do inside work, and we took care of a bunch of stuff.

Alexis worked on more patches and getting some nails out of some trim we wanted to bring home. I scraped the ceiling some more and started working on another wall, in addition to moving piles of stuff to more convenient locations and sweeping up the results of my work on the ceiling. Oh, I gave the wall another coat of paint as well. We then knocked off early to come home and enjoy the rest of the fabulous day with our munchkin. Lots of photos after the break.





The circle that was patched with caulk. That's still it toward the center.
I really don't know what they were thinking.

 I've been woefully neglecting photographic evidence of my fabulous partner's work. I shall amend that now.
Most of a patch. We're letting that one cure before we do the adjacent one.


There was a light over a medicine cabinet here.
There's already one just on the other side of the wet wall
(immediately to the left of the photo) next to the toilet. I'm not sure why this was needed.

This was undoubtedly the most challenging patch Alexis has gone for yet. A HUGE recessed light fixture was here, directly over the shower. Genius? I didn't think so, so we're filling it in.

The previous owners really loved their caulk. I found a series of holes where something was once anchored to the wall that had been filled with caulk, badly smoothed over, and then painted. The bumps under the paint look worse (to my eyes) than the holes ever could. Caulk? I suppose it was some kind of magical everything-fixer to these guys.


I realized what those bumps were, so I photographed one before tackling it.

Here you can see the paint, caulk, paint layers. I do kind of dig the color underneath.

It doesn't beat purple though.

This looks a little wonky because it's where I clean my brush once
I'm finished painting the wall. I get a LOT of color out of that sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment